PDA

View Full Version : Bryan - head of harley

Squeaky
14-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Brian Egerle passed away in a traffic accident. I believe it was between william nicol and rivonia :(

DaCat
14-06-2007, 09:35 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mikie
14-06-2007, 09:42 AM
RIP :cry:

Pype
14-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Went pass it yesterday a blue bike withe yellow graphics on. The bike was mangled, dam bakie :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry:

R.I.P Brother :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

May God be withe his family and friends through this time of sorrow

Hybryd
14-06-2007, 10:13 AM
R.I.P :cry: Condolences to his family, you are in my prayers. :cry:

Shado
14-06-2007, 10:23 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

TwinPiston
14-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Die eienaar van die Harley Davidson-motorfietswinkel in Rivoniaweg, Sandton, is gister op slag dood toe hy in ?n botsing met ?n bakkie en ?n klein trok op die N1-hoofweg, net n? die Rivoniaweg-afrit, betrokke was.

Mnr. Brian Wegerle (53) is onder die trokkie vasgekeer nadat die bakkie eers teen hom en hul albei toe teen die trokkie gebots het.

Wegerle het kop- en nekbeserings opgedoen en is op die toneel dood verklaar. Drie van die insittendes in die twee ander voertuie is met beserings in die Sunninghill-hospitaal opgeneem. Volgens hoofsupt. Wayne Minnaar, woordvoerder van die Johannesburgse metropolisie, het ?n Hyundai-bakkie noord op di? pad gery en beheer verloor.

Dit het hierna oor die eiland gery en teen Wegerle se motorfiets gebots. Minnaar s? die bakkie het Wegerle teen ?n klein trok vasgedruk en hy het onder di? voertuig beland.

DiveHog
14-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi All, im a newbie to the think bike forum and it is with great regret that i heard of the passing away of Brian. Funeral is on Tuesday and Mishka from HHD Sandton can be called on 082 789 9999 for those who want to find out about the memorial service on Tuesday apparently in Bedfordview.

Skinny
14-06-2007, 10:57 AM
This is just soooo sad... :cry:

But to hear this morning that a biker died in traffic... Nothing said about how he died or who was at fault AND THEN...

The next incident is a biker that died in the East Rand because the biker skipped a red robot?!?

Propaganda against bikers?!?!?!?!?!?!? :?

Anyway - our thoughts' with Brian's family!!!

DiveHog
14-06-2007, 11:33 AM
'Mr Harley Davidson' dies

June 14 2007 at 11:15AM

By Gill Gifford

Brian Wegerle - known as Mr Harley Davidson and the man who salvaged biking in South Africa - was killed in a highway crash late on Wednesday.

The 52-year-old Wegerle was on his way home from OR Tambo International Airport. While driving his favourite blue Street Glide, a Harley Davidson pure, he was hit by a one-ton van which veered across the centre island and squashed him against a bakkie.

The incident happened on the N1 South late on Tuesday afternoon, as Wegerle was heading towards his Bryanston home. He died on impact, having suffered a broken neck.

"They identified him by his air ticket," said Mishka Moller, Wegerle's best friend and second-in-command at Eagle Wind Harley-Davidson Dealerships.

Metro police spokesperson Chief Superintendent Wayne Minnaar confirmed that Wegerle had been sandwiched between a van and a truck, and said both drivers had been injured and taken to Sunninghill Hospital for treatment

slowpoke
14-06-2007, 11:45 AM
:cry: r.i.p. condolences to friends and family

Crash
14-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Such a loss... please send condolences to the family and friends.

:(

RIP Bryan

Old timer
14-06-2007, 11:55 AM
:cry: :cry:

gogo
14-06-2007, 12:09 PM
As usual, when one of us dies, something in me gets soooo sore.
Thinking of the family and friends, my prayers are with you.

Great_Gusto
14-06-2007, 01:18 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tr0jan
14-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Ek het gister verby gery en gewonder WTF? Regtig jammer om te hoor.

Nie geweet daar was 'n bike ook betrokke nie. :(

Wim Skywalker
14-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Really sorry ro hear!!!

Poppet
14-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Drove past yesterday when they were removing the bidy. Horrible sickly sight seeing that and I hope the family has the strength to work through this

GenXX
14-06-2007, 04:36 PM
R.I.P. Bryan.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

DiveHog
15-06-2007, 07:27 AM
For those who are interested memorial service details below.

Popular Harley dealer dies in crash

June 14, 2007

By Gill Gifford

Harley-Davidson dealer and popular motorcycling personality Brian Wegerle has been killed in a highway crash.

52-year-old Wegerle was riding on the N1 South from OR Tambo International Airport to his home in Bryanston when a one-ton van veered across the centre island and crushed him against a truck. Wegerle suffered a broken neck and died on impact.

Friend and business associate Mishka Moller said: "They identified him by his air ticket.

"One of the paramedics was the son of a biker; that's how we heard about the accident so quickly

'One of the paramedics was the son of a biker; that's how we heard about the accident so quickly'
."

Metro police spokesperson Wayne Minnaar confirmed that Wegerle had been sandwiched between a van and a truck; he said both drivers had been injured and taken to Sunninghill Hospital for treatment.

He said a culpable homicide docket had been opened against the 29-year-old driver of the van.

Moller described Wegerle as "a real biker who never drove a car apart from a 1942 Ford truck he owned long ago".

She said Wegerle, his wife Jenny and their children Greig and JoJo were all bikers.

"Brian started up his own church called The Tribe, and he was an elder there," she added. "He was a soldier for Jesus and that's what he called his bike club ? Soldiers for Jesus,"

Wegerle worked at Nedcor for 17 years and became well known in the business world before starting Eagle Wind, which became a chain of four Harley-Davidson dealerships

'Brian started up his own church called The Tribe, and he was an elder there'

He also founded the Pacific Institute to promote organisational transformation, self improvement and capacity building.

He and his wife Jenny ran Eagle Wind Manor, a country guesthouse in Hillcrest, KwaZulu Natal for "weary travellers and Harley riders" and a retreat for abused people and couples in need of marriage counselling.

Moller said: "It's the biggest tragedy to hit this industry. He was the kindest man you could ever meet.

"Brian was involved in a lot of things, but they were all geared towards his love and care for others."
? A memorial service will be held for Wegerle at 3pm on June 19 at the Bryanston Covenant Church. A mass ride will depart from Harley-Davidson in Rivonia at 2pm.

BRIAN WEGERLE

CowGirl
15-06-2007, 10:13 AM
This is a horrible tragedy. Seems he was a very nice person, well loved and did a lot for the comunity. - Truly a sad day, not just for bikers but everyone who's lives he touched. I hope hi's memory will live forever.

Jack Girl
15-06-2007, 10:29 AM
:( :cry: :cry: RIP

Ang82
15-06-2007, 11:43 AM
My hart gaan uit aan sy familie en vriende...

Riverrat
15-06-2007, 01:22 PM

TonyN
15-06-2007, 07:03 PM
My heart goes out to his family and friends.

http://usera.imagecave.com/TonyNzx/rip.gif

Pipe Dream
15-06-2007, 10:46 PM
:cry: :cry: that really is heartbreaking news, why does **** like this have to happen....eish.

R.I.P Dude, go ride Iron Horses in the sky!!

Edge
16-06-2007, 04:23 PM
:cry: :cry: RIP :cry: :cry:

Bad Girl
19-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I am very proud to have seen a mass of bikers driving on the highway past my office in Bedfordview.

In loving memory.

RIP Bryan.

Buccaneer
19-06-2007, 03:08 PM
An email I received from Mark Stokoe, who works at Netcare 911:

Good Day

Four days before Brian Wegerle was killed I attended a Men's conference, at which Brian himself was one of the guest speakers, during his second session he told the 350 men in attendance about "Living life to the full" "All we have is now,we don't have tomorrow" "My way of freedom is on a motorcycle" "Live your dream" He spoke about "Living well" living with integrity.He was a good man,a family man,a Godly man. He had made huge impact in the lives of many people.

He spoke a bit about crime in South Africa,about a very close family friend who was viciously attacked and raped.
One of his "heroes" being assassinated.
He himself had been held up,at knifepoint, and at gunpoint.
Mrs Wegerle had been the victim of a hijacking.
His own mother had died in his arms in a "terrible situation".
A similar situation had taken place involving his mother in law.

But along with thousands of other victims he died,while innocently and lawfully riding his motorcycle, another victim of South Africa's road carnage.

Six days before Brian Wegerle was killed, Rob Handfield-Jones wrote yet another brilliant article on the back page of the Caxton Autodealer ,titled:

"Avoid the carnage,emigrate now."

"Every indication suggests you're more likely to die in a road accident in South Africa than to be murdered" or "you might join the 40000 odd people who are left with major paralysis or debilitating injury each year." "The government has done absolutely nothing to intervene and ensure that South Africa's roads become safer."
"The Arrive Alive campaign is a total waste of money" "If the money spent on Arrive Alive over the last ten years had instead been spent on the licensing system, we'd be starting to reap the benefits of better driving in South Africa."

"Road safety is going to get worse in South Africa before it gets better.Far worse."
"Your risk of dying in a road accident will continue to climb and your risk of being murdered will probably continue to drop...."

Ironic.

Regards.

Mark Stokoe.

Corvus
01-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Shew. I searched Harley Davidson and Brian came up.
What a champion guy.
I know this is a really old post but memories.
Soldiers for Jesus MC JHB rider. R.I.P. brother.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk