PDA

View Full Version : White Volvo looking for a kill

CaptainPanick
22-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Often, on my way to drop my wife of at work I get this white Volvo C70 come screaming down the highway, quickly switching from lane to lane without using indicators, just to bulldoze the next car out of its way. Sure as hell, this guy one day turn into the same hospital my wife works at (she's an accountant there) and it turns out that he is a doctor working there.

So, this morning, guess who pulls in behind me at a traffic stop. Knowing his driving style I swiftly take off from the traffic lights in order to get out of the fast lane and out of his way. Now, you guys must understand, this guy is a serious road hog and I've rarely seen a person drive with such aggression in traffic. Now, back to the story. I'm apparently not fast enough for him and he litterally get less than a meter from the back of my car. I decide that this is bull**** so I stop accellerating slowly, he strips his moer completely, sway to my left without checking his side, cuts in front of some other cars and then proceed at what must be nothing less than 180 K's/h.

So, we reach my wifes work at the same time anyways due to the traffic lights, I quickly drop my wife off to spare her the embarresment and drive to where Doctor Roadhog parked, I stop behind his car and start taking his no. plates, I don't want to do anything with it, I just want to give him a scare. Next moment he comes running to my car from the passenger side. I open the side window and before he can say anything I start the conversation, this is how it went:

Me: So I see you drive like a complete maniac.
Him: WHAT!!?!??!
Me: Do you realise that you are going to kill an innocent person the way you drive one day?
Him, nearly spitting in my face: I'VE GOT A SUPER LICENCE!
Me: So, that gives you the right to drive like a maniac, what speed were you doing, 180?
Him: THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD HAVE DETERMINED MY SPEED!
Me: Was it 160 then?
Him... Moment of silence
Him: YOU SHOULDN'T SLOW DOWN IN FRONT OF ME!

By now his getting really red in the face and he is practically leaning with his head into the car, at this point I'm getting ****ed off too:

Me: Get your hands off my car otherwise there's going to be big ****. (There probably would be as he is nearly twice my size) For some reason he listens and backs off though.
Him: Well, I'm going to take your license number too.
Me: Your welcome, go ahead.

At this point I drove off, hoping that this guy catch a wakeup one day. It just shows you, you can have 10 degree's on your name, but that still doesn't guarentee that you won't be a dickhead.

Anyways, that was my exciting morning, hopefully tommorrow it will go better. :)

CowGirl
22-05-2007, 03:46 PM
No worries, when he gets into an accident becasue he's got a super licence, he can fix himself! Seeing as he's a super driver and super doctor.

Seriously though, I hate those pps who abuse their privelages. And I hate it even more if they get themselves those limited edition cars! (You knoiw, it's so limited that they don't have any indicators)

Cronos
22-05-2007, 03:56 PM
CaptainPanick - thanx for sharing your story with us and for going out of your way to point out to him his dangerous ways. Maybe it will let him think next time, althou I doubt it. Once a dickhead always a dickhead!

Good luck in the traffic.

MadnohB
22-05-2007, 04:11 PM
You should have hinted to him that you might make his registration number known to the "vicious biker community" I know we are harmless but we are perceived to be dangerous. ;)

MOTEK
22-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I am so glad I came accross this post.

Where did this happen? was it on the N1 North by any chance?

Pipe Dream
22-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Well done CP, hopefully he'll take it east for a bit, well tomorrow at least :roll: What the hell's a super licence in any case? Is it issued by super heroes who can avoid all dangers, is it something that the taxi drivers are issued from Pep Stores when they go and buy their licences? :? He's just a super a$$ by the sounds of things....good on you for keeping your cool :D

CaptainPanick
22-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I am so glad I came accross this post.

Where did this happen? was it on the N1 North by any chance?

It was on the R21 close to the Pretoria fountains circle. However, there is a good possibility that this guy may be comming from Jo'burg. There are a few other doctors at that hospital that also live in Jo'burg.

CaptainPanick
22-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I also want to know what the hell a super license is, I want one too since it allows me to drive like a crazy maniac, put other people's lives in danger without flinching, and to be a complete ****. (Maybe it allows me to earn a doctors salary too?)

MOTEK
23-05-2007, 05:56 AM
I had a few close run-ins with a guy in w white Volvo C70. Drives like a total ignorant ....... okay - just fill in the blanks.

CaptainPanick
23-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Hmmmm, MOTEK, that sounds like the same guy. He is probably in his 50's and there is an eldish woman passenger with him usually. He has a customized reg no. and it starts with HAW, I don't want to supply the full no. just yet, I'm just waiting for him to try and bulldoze me out of the way again.

By the way, this morning, we stopped at a traffic light at the fountains circle, and he comes in next to me, but he keeps back a little as to not stop right alongside my car. So I throw a friendly smile and a wave at him, just to see his reaction. As the lights turns green he speds off and disappears into the distance in a flash, so it seems nothing has changed in that regards.

Pipe Dream
23-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Hmmmm, MOTEK, that sounds like the same guy. He is probably in his 50's and there is an eldish woman passenger with him usually. He has a customized reg no. and it starts with HAW That sounds appropriate enough a description of him
I don't want to supply the full no. just yet, I'm just waiting for him to try and bulldoze me out of the way again.

By the way, this morning, we stopped at a traffic light at the fountains circle, and he comes in next to me, but he keeps back a little as to not stop right alongside my car. So I throw a friendly smile and a wave at him, just to see his reaction. As the lights turns green he speds off and disappears into the distance in a flash, so it seems nothing has changed in that regards. What a complete ****, some people obviously have to learn the hard way...can you not complain about him on that road hogs website??? Maybe print the home page out, then ask your Mrs to go and stick it under his windscreen wiper with a hand written note saying "i have a feeling you may end up in here" :D "or here" and then draw an arrow pointing to the hospital....or the cemetary :D :D

Racey
23-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I wonder if the Dr has ever worked in an emergency room - surely he would have seen first hand the dangers of reckless driving. The sad thing is he probably will kill some one one day and he'll get an expensive lawyer and get of scott free.

*off topic* BTW, anyone know where that saying came from: Scott free?????

MOTEK
23-05-2007, 09:52 AM

Nope, but I am a mental collector of useless information so i am very keen to know.

Buccaneer
23-05-2007, 10:59 AM

scot /skɒt/
?noun History/Historical.
1. a payment or charge.
2. one's share of a payment or charge.
3. an assessment or tax.

&#91;Origin&#58; 1200?50; ME < ON skattr tax, treasure; c. OE gescot payment&#93;

scot-free /ˈskɒtˈfri/
?adjective
completely free from harm, restraint, punishment, or obligation&#58; The driver of the car escaped from the accident scot-free. The judge let the defendant off scot-free.

MOTEK
23-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Cool, thanks Bucc

Pipe Dream
23-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Well it definately has nothing to do with Scottish, cause my Dad's Scottish and nothings farking free with him!! :evil: Tight fisted bastid...Oops, wrong place to be venting, lol!! :lol: :lol: ;)

CaptainPanick
23-05-2007, 12:17 PM
What a complete ****, some people obviously have to learn the hard way...can you not complain about him on that road hogs website??? Maybe print the home page out, then ask your Mrs to go and stick it under his windscreen wiper with a hand written note saying "i have a feeling you may end up in here" :D "or here" and then draw an arrow pointing to the hospital....or the cemetary :D :D

Thats pretty creative hehehe, maybe I should do that if he carries on like he is currently doing. :)

You know, I'm not so concerned about the speed he is doing, it's just the aggresive manner with which he drives. He comes screaming towards your back, then at the latest moment he brakes hard, then he's all over the road, going from the left side of the lane to the right and back, as if he's going to find a narrow gap where he can squeeze through on the same lane as you. In the mean time, there is traffic in the left lane so you don't have a gap to get out of his way. The longer you stay in front of him, the closer he drives to your car, until he is so close that you can't see his headlights through the back window anymore. When he finds a gap on the left, he squuuueezes through so close you wonder if he took some paint of your rear bumper. It's the kind of stuff which will cause any man's blood to boil as he puts your life in danger and you have no choice about it. If he's like this towards other motorists, I wonder how he deals with "lesser" bikes.

Luckily when I ride to work I don't have to go drop off my wife so I take a different route and I don't have to deal with this Dr. Super License. This guy is a dangerous maniac and should be dealt with one way or another. :x