PDA

View Full Version : Red Golf with 2 Blackies

nonick1977
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Here I am, minding my own business and riding along at moderate pace down the R21 heading towards Pretoria on Wednesday night @ 8:45.
I get to the Fountains Circle and proceed to go over at the green light when 2 black dudes in a red Golf suddenly come rushing over a red robot to my right. Thanks to the Father that it was a circle and not a junction, coz they probably would've gone right over me if they weren't headed the same way as I was.
Swinging out of the way, and being missed by milli's, I start to apply the brakes because the next robot in the circle has gone red by now as well. In my mind I have figured out quite a few nasty comments that I'm going to make when I stop next to them at the robot.
To the dismay of everyone present (ie: me), they actually don't apply any brakes and skip that robot too.
Being the law abiding citizen that I am, I wait at the robot till it goes green, and then I'm off like a shot. (Or as close to a shot as the RF is capable of achieving) I actually catch up to them and for once they decide to make use of their brake-pedal and stop at the red.
I pull up to them and indicate that he should roll down his window (not a Microsoft trademark.). As he rolls down his window I start enquiring as to his state of mind and eyes.
He in turn is obviously very apologetic as he starts enquiring about my problems in general and with him specifically. I reply that I have at least 2 problems with him, namely red robot 1 and red robot 2.
He suggests that we sort out any problems that we may have at an area that is of convenience just up the road. (Now almost in the heart of Sunnyside)
Taking a quick moment to reflect my situation: 2 blackies vs 1 whitey, middle of the night, In the heart of Sunnyside etc.
I decide that the sanest proposition might be to decline his generous invitation gracefully with a "**** you running!"
I give him 2 thumbs up (or was that midlle fingers? I forget), for his splendid performance and ride off.
What I need to know: Could I have handled this any better?

doc rip
11-05-2007, 10:11 AM
What I need to know: Could I have handled this any better?

2 against 1? in a car.......... you on a bike?
Should never have stopped in the first place........... BUT answer, nope you did good, live to fight another day...........
(ps; why Bruce Lee saying in your profile?)

gogo
11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Take registration. :bom: Next time you and a few biker pals are together and you see them, beat the **** out of them. :pirate: :geek:

Crash
11-05-2007, 10:38 AM
You did good...

Option 1 could have ended very badly for you... Never take a knife to a gun fight !!! Oh, did you even HAVE a knife ?
2 okes, car with WHAT weapons ? Erm middle of the night in a dark and dingy suburb ??? Hmmmm... lemme think about that for a while...
Witnesses ? You think they will fight fair ???

Option 2... cause damage to their car when they 'deny' a problem in the first place - will SURELY result in a high speed chase where they want to get their own back on you !

Option 3... is it worth confronting somebody like this if there's actually nothing you can do about it ?

Take a reg number - go report it... that about all you can do - or phone 112 and wait for 3 days for an answer...

Woolfie
11-05-2007, 10:41 AM
it's *** that sum okes don't have respect for anyone on the road...and whats worse is that when u come across these people...u're normally alone and they are in numbers...so u can't even give them a good dondering as a lesson....... :evil: :evil: :evil:

nonick1977
11-05-2007, 10:42 AM
2 against 1? in a car.......... you on a bike?
Should never have stopped in the first place........... BUT answer, nope you did good, live to fight another day...........
(ps; why Bruce Lee saying in your profile?)

Lol. Not because of my martial arts skills, I can tell you that much! It's just such an "In ur face" quote by a man who obviously had the skills to back up what he said.

DaCat
11-05-2007, 10:54 AM
:? I agree with Doc Rip, rather leave it alone. If they are jumping traffic lights the odds are that it's a stolen vehicle or running away from a bad situation.

You get involved you may just end up with a bullet hole and all for what?

Use your speed to your advantage and stay away from the bad situations which you may not be able to control.

I think you were lucky, both on the near miss and challenge you made afterwards.

nonick1977
11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
You did good...

Option 1 could have ended very badly for you... Never take a knife to a gun fight !!! Oh, did you even HAVE a knife ?
2 okes, car with WHAT weapons ? Erm middle of the night in a dark and dingy suburb ??? Hmmmm... lemme think about that for a while...

Option 2... cause damage to their car when they 'deny' a problem in the first place - will SURELY result in a high speed chase where they want to get their own back on you !

Option 3... is it worth confronting somebody like this if there's actually nothing you can do about it ?

Take a reg number - go report it... that about all you can do - or phone 112 and wait for 3 days for an answer...

Hmmm... good points. But with regards to option 3 I disagree. I think it's important to inform people that you've noticed their behaviour and that you've been affected negatively by it. Maybe next time they'll think twice about driving like hooligans, in case the next person they cross actually has a bit of backup available.

Mikie
11-05-2007, 11:17 AM
You did good...

Hmmm... good points. But with regards to option 3 I disagree. I think it's important to inform people that you've noticed their behaviour and that you've been affected negatively by it. Maybe next time they'll think twice about driving like hooligans, in case the next person they cross actually has a bit of backup available.

Problem is like DC said, if it is a stolen car then you have a good chance of getting shot or something..... I would rather move on in the opposite direction.

WereWolf
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
:roll: well you should have stopped next to the driver asked him to open the window if it was closed but would have parked a metre from his door kicked him in the face and jump on bike and of course speed off, well anyway that's me....

1st because i loose my temper to easy,...

second because for me it would feel like the right thing to do......

3rd if you not like that drive with a can of pepper spray and ask him to open window and spray the mother...... good....... now it will be difficult to drive away....

MOTEK
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
No man, you did the right thing, except maybe you should not have stopped in the first place.

Tetsuko
11-05-2007, 01:54 PM
No man, you did the right thing, except maybe you should not have stopped in the first place.

Praat jy wat tande het! :shock:
Ons weet almal dat jy ook sou gestop het om bollie te maak. ;)

MOTEK
11-05-2007, 02:06 PM

EISH !!!!!

you cut me deep just now, you cut me real deep !!!

blackie
11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I am the only Blackie and I dont have a red Golf

So where did you get 2 more of me

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Tetsuko
11-05-2007, 03:02 PM

EISH !!!!!

you cut me deep just now, you cut me real deep !!!

I'll make it up to you tonight. ;)

Split
11-05-2007, 11:59 PM
If you leaned on the windowsill with your forearm while talking to the oke, your left hand would be about 6 inches from his car keys. No keys = no more red lights and no high speed chase.

By the time he got his keys back from 3 lanes over, or from the ditch, the message may have penetrated.

No, don't ask, I wont answer...

The correct behaviour, class, is to be polite and wave WITH ALL YOUR FINGERS.

nonick1977
14-05-2007, 08:23 AM
I am the only Blackie and I dont have a red Golf

So where did you get 2 more of me

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Ummm.. I meant with regards to skin-colour. But I'm sure you knew that..;)

Can the world handle another one of you? That may be the question.

nonick1977
14-05-2007, 08:28 AM
If you leaned on the windowsill with your forearm while talking to the oke, your left hand would be about 6 inches from his car keys. No keys = no more red lights and no high speed chase.

By the time he got his keys back from 3 lanes over, or from the ditch, the message may have penetrated.

No, don't ask, I wont answer...

The correct behaviour, class, is to be polite and wave WITH ALL YOUR FINGERS.

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Maybe next time..;)

The key-throwing I mean..