PDA

View Full Version : Friend down

LZ
26-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Happened yesterday around 8.
1200GS, went into a truck on Hans Strydom.
Luckily he is OK, he managed to get of the bike just before it went under the truck. Lost a little bit of skin (no gloves) and a few rough bruises, and a very broken heart

Just a thank you to Pieter (also a biker) who was kind enough to help us get the bike back home and basically to take full control of the situation also for the owner of the truck who stayed very calm (the driver was not that calm)

Then to the a*** in the white gholf who was kind enough to stop just to scream insults at my friend. Listen if your car can't keep up or you might have a reason for being a complete insensitive a***, just shut up. Is it not bad enough that my friend lost his bike got injured and have to fix a truck. The least you could have done was to look away and drive on, don't through insults, this whole thing had nothing to do with you.

Hawkeye
26-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, for some oke in a Golf here is a lesson my friend. If you are an idiot (and afraid people will find out) rather keep your mouth shut. By opening it you remove all doubt!, a case in point.

Hope the GS is up and running soon!

Da'Fiz
27-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Mmm... sometimes bikers do make farkups....
but not half as often as Golf drivers do... :oops:

ashr
27-02-2007, 01:01 PM

+1 Had a guy in a CTI try dice us down hellshoogte once. Car was sliding across three lanes (one oncoming). I just backed off...

Anyway, besides the point. Glad your friend's OK LZ.

Poppet
27-02-2007, 02:00 PM
any accident you can walk away from is a learning experience. :D

Bloody golf is probably just peeved that your mate could lane split and got past him in traffic when he had to sit there in the cage. :evil:

Shado
27-02-2007, 02:40 PM

Sad but true :roll:

Glad your friend is ok.

LZ
28-02-2007, 08:12 AM

Unfortenately, they will have to ride it off, but hey a new one might not be such a bad idea

Poppet
28-02-2007, 08:25 AM

Unfortenately, they will have to ride it off, but hey a new one might not be such a bad idea
What is that thing they say about clouds and silver linings ;)