PDA

View Full Version : Well thanks a million >:-(

Gogtjop
01-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I ran out of juice on the western bypass about a kay before 14th avenue last night. I had to push my bike for about 1.5km to get to a juice joint.

I wanna kick myself for not paying attention to my fuel warning light, but what really dissappointed me was that no fewer than 9 motorcyclists passed me and NOT ONE of them slowed down or stopped to offer assistance. Three of them were wearing TB bibs, too....

While of course I only have myself to blame for running out of fuel, I was dissappointed that my fellow motorcyclists didn't bother to help. You ought to be ashamed, guys.

It won't stop me from being a good samaritan when I can, though.

There was a guy in a silver double cab who stopped to offer help, but as I was close to the garage he couldn't do much. His name is Dave, and he rides a Blackbird. Thank you in any case, buddy, you are a pillar of society.

Crash
01-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey Gogtjop

Glad you got sorted - and big up to Dave !!!

Sad that the bikers didn't stop... :(

Hey - I see you're in Edenvale - will we see you at the Edenvale Spur on Wednesday night for a quick drink or grub after work ? 16h30 to about 20h00 Bring the kids !

Gogtjop
01-02-2007, 09:23 AM
For sure! I'll see you guys next wednesday!

Maybe I can race your beemer again, Crash! :lol:

Poppet
01-02-2007, 09:48 AM
For sure! I'll see you guys next wednesday!

Maybe I can race your beemer again, Crash! :lol:

If a certain someone has petrol :badgrin:

Bikergoose
01-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey Mate

Sorry about the petrol it sux I know it happened to me the other day in JHB. Had to push as well :( I was luck I phones a friend who bailed me out.

Another thing I heard after it happened to me. Don't let you tank run that low it is not good. All the **** at the bottom of the tank is taken up with the petrol and does not do the bike any good.

I dont pay tips I just give them.
Have a good day.

Bigbird
02-02-2007, 10:19 AM
The guys name is Dave Herbert and is a member of the Blackbird Association. Well done Dave :D :D :D :D

AngeL of Soro
02-02-2007, 10:29 AM
"Honda" riders are always gently and helpful.I saw one event like that and the helper one was cbr600.But it doesn't depend on a brand,it is just for people.Let's help to the other bikers.We're unique and precious.

The Reaper
02-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear they did not stop.

Cannot say the same though. About 2 weeks ago my kids fiddled with the tap and I did not check *Reaper kix own A$$* needless to say I stuck about 10k's from the nearest garage. Not more than 2 minutes had passed and after I placed a call to 2 fellow bikers did a complete stranger/biker stop to offer assistance. I thanked him and so it's cool help is on the way. He offered to hang around until help arrived. To which I said thanks but they are nearly here. Until my buddy got there 2 other bikers slowed down as to stop and I gave them the thumbs up.

Never had this in the car club scene. :?

Edge
02-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Gogtjop wrote
Three of them were wearing TB bibs, too....

See a lot of bikers with reflective vests, not all of them are TB bibs.. Are you sure these were "our" people? That would be sad :cry:

Chucky
03-02-2007, 06:17 AM
Gogtjop wrote
Three of them were wearing TB bibs, too....

See a lot of bikers with reflective vests, not all of them are TB bibs.. Are you sure these were "our" people? That would be sad :cry:

'Our People' are supposed to be anybody on 2 wheels ;) (or people in silver bakkies) but there might be 1m reasons why somebody did not stop. Most probaly did not see you or saw you too late? If they saw you for sure they should be shot on sight. But at least now you know for sure how far you can push the little light :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edge
03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Merely trying to establish if they were TB "related" or not....

Jadd
05-02-2007, 09:30 AM
stopped to help a guy on the N1 north riding a R6 that had a small problem on Saturday .. not one biker stopped to assist what's happened to the camaraderie amongst us :?: :shock: