PDA

View Full Version : Jacques Odendaal - (From Beeld)

SquareTyre
31-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Hou op huil, s? seun in droom aan suster
Oct 31 2006 06:32:41:343AM - (SA)

Hilda Fourie

?n Vragmotor tussen ?n ma en haar seun het gekeer dat mev. Ester Odendaal moes toekyk hoe haar kind in ?n motorfietsongeluk sterf.

Die 16-jarige Jacques Odendaal is op die toneel dood terwyl sy ma by hom gepleit het om aan te hou asemhaal.

?Hy het regtig probeer, maar sy lyfie was stukkend.?

Die gesin het ?n paar dae later berusting gevind nadat Jacques Saterdagnag in ?n droom aan sy suster, wat besig is met haar matriekeindeksamen, verskyn het.

Daarin het hy ges? sy gesin ?moet nou ophou huil en gelukkig wees?.

Mev. Odendaal,?n DA-raadslid vir die Hartbeespoortdam-omgewing, se seun is laat verlede Donderdagmiddag, minder as ?n kilometer van sy ouerhuis, dood nadat ?n man in ?n bakkie in Jacques se Honda CBR 125-motorfiets vasgery het.

Jacques, wat die middag ?n ortodontis-afspraak in Brits gehad het, en sy ma was op pad terug na Melodie waar die gesin woon, toe die ongeluk gebeur het.

Odendaal het nog tot kort voor die ongeluk agter haar seun gery.

Daar was ?n vragmotor tussen hulle toe die ongeluk gebeur het.

?Ek was besig om op my selfoon te gesels toe ek vir die persoon s? hier is ?n ongeluk voor in die pad. Die volgende oomblik het ek my eie kind op die pad sien l?,? het Odendaal vertel.

?Ek is dankbaar die vragmotor het voor my gery dat ek nie die ongeluk gesien gebeur het nie.

?Jacques het vir die aankomende verkeer gewag, want hy wou regs draai na ons huis toe.

?Ek is nie doodseker wat alles gebeur het nie. Maar dit is ook nutteloos vir my om te weet, want dit gaan nie my kind terugbring nie.

?Toe ek by hom kom, het hy nog asemgehaal. Hy was bewusteloos, maar hy het my gehoor. Ek het heeltyd vir hom ges? hy moet asemhaal. Hy het hard probeer, maar sy lyfie was stukkend.

?Daar het nie meer veel in sy borskassie aangegaan nie.?

Jacques, wat ?n gr. 9-leerling aan die Ho?rskool Hartbeespoort was, het op die toneel aan inwendige beserings gesterf.

?Jacques was ?n stil en teruggetrokke kind. Hy was altyd tevrede met die minste.

?Dit was Jacques se tyd om gehaal te word. Ons het vrede oor sy dood.

?My dogter, Elryn, het Sondagoggend ges? Jacques het in die nag aan haar verskyn. Hy het ges? ons moet nou ophou huil en gelukkig wees. Hy het ook vir Elryn ges? sy moet aan ons erken dat sy rook,? het Odendaal geskerts.

?As dit nie vir God se genade was nie, sal ons nooit hierdeur kom nie.?

Jacques word oorleef deur sy ma, pa Jacques, ?n finansi?le bestuurder, en sy suster.

Hy word Woensdagmiddag om 14:00 uit die Hervormde Kerk Schoemansdal in Schoemansville begrawe.

EEK
31-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Sad so dam sad, RIP my fellow biker :cry:

PaulZX
31-10-2006, 02:19 PM
R.I.P.

Old timer
31-10-2006, 02:57 PM
This is wrong
R I P big man
:(

HardcoreG
31-10-2006, 03:09 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

RIP

I am wordless. :( :(

SauRoN
31-10-2006, 03:22 PM
?Ek was besig om op my selfoon te gesels toe ek vir die persoon s? hier is ?n ongeluk voor in die pad. Die volgende oomblik het ek my eie kind op die pad sien l?,? het Odendaal vertel.

So with that complete disregard for driving, it makes we wonder what kind of rider the boy was.

Sad either way.

Francois
31-10-2006, 03:25 PM
So young!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Shado
31-10-2006, 03:41 PM
This is very sad to see a young life lost but something does not add up. A 16 year old in grade 9 (standard 7). So it makes one wonder if maybe he emotionally mature enough to be on a bike on a public road...

I'm sorry, but sometime the parents are to blame. I feel for them but they were the ones that altermitely allowed him to ride the bike.

If he was 16 all is well but the fact that he was only in grade 9 indicates that he might not have been ready to be riding a bike or vice a verse.

*Don't shot me, I have said my say*

Arconan
31-10-2006, 03:47 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: R.I.P. :cry: :cry: :cry:

WereWolf
01-11-2006, 07:28 AM
:( :( R I P :( :(

I can argue that point but it could have just being a 50cc , but what i'm getting at is that we as bikers are getting killed one by one just like the farmers do. It's sad u just enjoying ure bike ride and next moment ure gone, that's not good. Like Paul has said so young, but one thing about life is that you'll never know when ure time comes. :cry: :cry:

Pipe Dream
01-11-2006, 04:32 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
That's so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R.I.P brotha

Hope she had her hands free going while she drove!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye
01-11-2006, 05:12 PM
RIP Fellow biker!

I have a son who is 17 and rides a CBR125 he is a good rider and is careful as hel but..... It makes no difference how well you ride, a cager can take you ot any time.

We live by the concequenses of the decisions we make........

mprins
01-11-2006, 08:15 PM
So it makes one wonder if maybe he emotionally mature enough to be on a bike on a public road...

I'm sorry, but sometime the parents are to blame. I feel for them but they were the ones that altermitely allowed him to ride the bike.

Absolute BULL**** and not the time or place to judge people since we dont have any evidence or facts!!!

Very sad to hear this and our prayers are with the family :cry: :cry:

Flatslide
01-11-2006, 08:39 PM
:( :( R I P :( :(

I can argue that point but it could have just being a 50cc , but what i'm getting at is that we as bikers are getting killed one by one just like the farmers do. It's sad u just enjoying ure bike ride and next moment ure gone, that's not good. Like Paul has said so young, but one thing about life is that you'll never know when ure time comes. :cry: :cry:

RIP young man.

Sorry, but I have to disagree a bit here. There aren't more fatal bike accidents, but a more effective means of communication. We now get news from all centres throughout SA which we never had before.

4ever
15-10-2007, 12:16 PM
:( It has been almost a year now since my son Jacques Odendaal has died in a motor cycle accident. I miss my son every second of every day, but I know he is happy and safe now. I also know that he died the way he wanted to - on his bike, because he lived biking. It is not the bike that killed him - it was his time and although it is not easy - I accept it.

I often go onto this website to look at the fallen and I think of all those people left behind.

I love my son so much and I miss him terribly, but he will stay in my heart 4ever and ever. His off road bike's number was number 4 - so 4ever my son, 4ever.

Your mom.

DaCat
15-10-2007, 12:31 PM
:cry: :cry: 4ever,

Many thanks for coming on here and sharing a bit about Jacques with us. Sad and difficult times :cry:

Be strong and we do care :cry:

MadnohB
15-10-2007, 12:39 PM
@4ever mom

Thank you for having the courage to post this. By doing so, you are reminding us all to never forget the families and loved ones left behind by such a tragic event.

I can not even begin to put myself in your shoes. Best we can do is to offer a word of encouragement. Time is the great healer but we will certainly make a point of remembering you and your family in our thoughts.

All the best for the future.

blackie
15-10-2007, 12:48 PM
:( It has been almost a year now since my son Jacques Odendaal has died in a motor cycle accident. I miss my son every second of every day, but I know he is happy and safe now. I also know that he died the way he wanted to - on his bike, because he lived biking. It is not the bike that killed him - it was his time and although it is not easy - I accept it.

I often go onto this website to look at the fallen and I think of all those people left behind.

I love my son so much and I miss him terribly, but he will stay in my heart 4ever and ever. His off road bike's number was number 4 - so 4ever my son, 4ever.

Your mom.Amen sister Amen

Crash
15-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Words fail me...

But please know that you have a HUGE support system here...
And you're certainly not alone in this difficult time.

Lean on us and hopefully you'll find some comfort & strength here.

Thinking of you...

4ever
15-10-2007, 01:03 PM
:( Thanks to all your kind replies. It's amazing, but I have only noticed all the replies to his accident now. For those people who were wondering whether he was mature enough to ride a bike - he rode many a off road rally - was on the verge of becoming a pro and we made sure that he went for advanced driving lessons on his road bike as well to make sure that he know what to do and how to drive.

His accident was caused by I guy who didn't look where he was going and drove into Jacques' bike from the back. According to eye witnesses, Jacques couldn't do anything to avoid the accident.

His friends, also bikers, felt that Jacques shouldn't have been killed, because he was the careful one amongst them. He was the one fighting with them when they were irresponsible on the bike.

Shows you - God has a plan with all of us - we just do not know what en when it will happen.

4Ever Mom

Old timer
15-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Words fail me...

But please know that you have a HUGE support system here...
And you're certainly not alone in this difficult time.

Lean on us and hopefully you'll find some comfort & strength here.

Thinking of you...

Words fail me too but CTP said it just right.

Rentia
16-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Rest in peace little one.

This is just sooooooo sad :(