PDA

View Full Version : Gone down. Again..

nonick1977
21-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Saw an oil slick on the road.. Did a good job of missing it, and then I went and stepped on it at the red robot.. Foot slipped and viola!! down goes me and my baby... Dammit!! Why am I such a putz?! Luckily it's just some small scratches on my (brand new!!) paint job...
AAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH!!!!! :evil:

I'll submit a few pics later in the day...

DaCat
21-09-2006, 10:59 AM
:( :( :( *** one mate, sorry to hear it :(

... but the vehicle dropping that **** won't get a ticket, cos it has a full size number plate :x :evil: :evil: :evil:

nonick1977
21-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Lol.. Thanx DaCat. I swear u may just be the coolest person here. U always have a consoling word handy. I actually think this guy has more troubles than a fine anyway though. Looked like something exploded in his motor by the amount of oil. I was just a moron to literally put my foot in it....

DaCat
21-09-2006, 11:32 AM
:oops: ... sorry mate, I assumed the cage was gone.

The oil and diesel streaks I see on the roads is scary sometimes, but I never see the culprit :evil:

Old timer
21-09-2006, 01:22 PM
:( :( :( *** one mate, sorry to hear it :(

... but the vehicle dropping that **** won't get a ticket, cos it has a full size number plate :x :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thats why I dont have a number plate - because I dont spill oil on the roads :roll:

nonick1977
21-09-2006, 02:15 PM
:oops: ... sorry mate, I assumed the cage was gone.

The oil and diesel streaks I see on the roads is scary sometimes, but I never see the culprit :evil:

No, no.. u assumed correct.. I'm just thinking that he isn't going to get far till something seizes... :shock:

DaCat
21-09-2006, 02:46 PM
... I doubt those bloody things ever sieze or run out of diesel :evil: :roll: ... streaks on the highways go on for kilometres.

The one place I have is a corner close to work. The Putco buses go tearing through the yield sign with over-filled diesel tanks and **** it all over the road... and then I come steaking it myself... and all of a sardine it looks like I have googles inside my helmet :shock: ... not nice :evil:

There should be laws and new designs to their tanks :evil: ... I'm pretty sure EU is changing their laws and include spill proof caps. :?

nonick1977
21-09-2006, 03:10 PM
What do u guys think the monetary damage is going to be...?

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6762/dsc00444hm6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and another...

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6082/dsc00445jp2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TTT
21-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Dit moet dan 'n Ducati wees wat daar gery het net voor jy die mishap gehaat het :oops:

DaCat
21-09-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm gonna go on a flyer here:

Handlebar weight: R120-150 for a set of aftermarket ones
Brake Lever: 200-400 bucks (thank your lucky stars it's not Brembo - R1,600 :shock: :evil: )
Paint job: 2-3k :x :( :(

Can't see if the footrest and rear brake lever got damaged, and xzorst as well.

I would budget 4k just in case. :( What is your excess?

nonick1977
22-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Ugh.. Think most of it will have to wait then... since my excess is the whole amount.. :shock:

I'll just ride my uglified bike in the mean time and pose for pics from the left! :lol:

There are scratches on the pipe, but I think i'll just try and buff the worst out..

I won't say anyting about the duke remark for fear of getting beat up with a bat.. :shock:

russian-bear
10-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Dam , brother, the side fairings : R1000 as all three got scratches and the large one is two tone.

The front is really gonna hurt because it has to removed, tried taking my front fairing off on sunday and it is a mission so labour is gonna get you there.

Bike looks sweet none the less.

SRXy
11-10-2006, 07:15 AM
oh man...sorry to here that...it's the worst when you know it could have been avoided...hope ur bike heals up nicely....

Hope are you btw? leg ok?

nonick1977
11-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanx guys. Luckily my neighbor loves the bike almost more than I do so he's already wheeling and dealing to return her to former glory..
Sorry to hear u had a little mishap on an RF as well Bear... :shock: