Thread: Full Throttle Edenvale - EXCELLENT CUSTOMER CARE

Bike
    Triumph Bonneville EFI
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Full Throttle Edenvale - EXCELLENT CUSTOMER CARE

So the visor clip on my new Shark Skwal helmet broke. Apparently a common problem and Shark's facebook page is flooded with complaints.

I had taped the visor to the lid and took it into FT where I bought it in January. I didn't have my Shark warranty card or my proof of purchase with me; the salesman I had dealt with is away on leave and I dealt with an unfamiliar face, a chap named Dylan.

He was aware of the problem with the visor, took some kiekies of the broken visor for his supplier's warranty purposes, and grabbed a brand new visor off of a helmet in stock since they did not have spare visors, fitted it for me and sent me on my merry way. I'm a super happy customer. No quibble, no kark stories or any crap.

He took me at my word that the helmet was brand new, plus that I had purchased it at FT for that matter. Plus he saved me the normal warranty waiting period and hassle dealing with the importers.

This is service!!!!! Thank you, Dylan, and thank you Full Throttle! You will be seeing me and my wallet again for sure!

Bike
    Project-Suzuki Bandit 400GSF
    Region
    Gauteng

That broken visor, anything to do with the road rage thread 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Bonneville EFI
    Region
    Gauteng

It broke after I refitted it the following morning. It's a common problem with the Skwal.

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Buddy of mine bought a Skwal from FT Edenvale when they were first released here in SA. Two days later the visor broke. He phoned Langston Motorsports in Midrand (the importers of Shark helmets), and they organised and gave him a new helmet. Apparently it was a "bad batch" of helmets/visors/something.

Don't know the whole story, but they replaced the whole helmet for him.
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Bike
    Triumph Bonneville EFI
    Region
    Gauteng

Well, the visor is staying clipped in for the rest of the helmet's lifespan, or the visor becomes too scratched. I can clean it just fine, it's just a bit more time consuming.

I won't ever buy a helmet with this visor arrangement again. I'm a bit disappointed with the helmet itself because it's so noisy but you get what you pay for.