Thread: Western rides

Bike
    2012 Honda CBR 600F
    Region
    Western Cape

Default Western rides

Hi guys are they no rides planned or happening in the Western Cape?

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

You organize the ride... Do something like this...
    This Saturday or Sunday or whatever date... meet this time at Mc Dona lds N1 or somewhere. Route N1 to Paarl, turn off to Stellenbosh. Go there and there and there...
    Put name on list and post on forum...
    Take the initiative...

Bike
    2012 Honda CBR 600F
    Region
    Western Cape

Still getting the hang of my bike so was just looking to tag along or should I say catch up eventually. 😊 Only riding for just over a month so very slow. Bit boring riding on my own

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by CBR - Red Liner View Post
    Still getting the hang of my bike so was just looking to tag along or should I say catch up eventually.  Only riding for just over a month so very slow. Bit boring riding on my own
    Organize it as a NOOB run... Short distance or route. Plenty of stops, a nice coffee venue... slow ride and road safety and bikers safety awareness... as subject... Your first ride will have a few names... Put a nice ride report with pictures... your second ride lot of names!

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape

We are going on a run on the 30th Oct to Riebeeck Kasteel. You are welcome to tag along.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...-Breakfast-Run

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by acidfunka View Post
    We are going on a run on the 30th Oct to Riebeeck Kasteel. You are welcome to tag along.
    There you go... CBR... Looks like a awesome group!
    @ acidfunka. Thanks for sharing the link. Another place to read things... I like this pic from your link! AWESOME!
    Name:  ktms-coming.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  110.2 KB
    In your riding group, Is there online flight sym pilots as well?

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Tour Biker View Post
    In your riding group, Is there online flight sym pilots as well?
    I'm not sure, but if there are they are responsible for navigation

Bike
    Honda CBR250 R
    Region
    Western Cape

Look for a group on FB called Chilled Motorbike Rides in and around Cape Town. We go all over the WC and you are welcome to organise your own ride if you want to. The only rule we have is that you have to take care of the slower riders in your group. I ride a CBR250R so you know the pace is not that fast...
    Noob riders are very welcome and we take things easy so I am sure with your bike you will be moving on to the faster riding groups in no time
    "What's worth the prize is always worth the fight" Nickelback

Bike
    2012 Honda CBR 600F
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC View Post
    Look for a group on FB called Chilled Motorbike Rides in and around Cape Town. We go all over the WC and you are welcome to organise your own ride if you want to. The only rule we have is that you have to take care of the slower riders in your group. I ride a CBR250R so you know the pace is not that fast...
    Noob riders are very welcome and we take things easy so I am sure with your bike you will be moving on to the faster riding groups in no time
    Thanks

Lurker
    Bike
    Hyosung GT650s
    Region
    Western Cape

I would like to tag along as a new biker. But im taking it slow with my bike at the moment. Mark me as tentitive.

Bike
    KTM RC390
    Region
    Western Cape

Does anyone know if this group still exists?

Bike
    Honda CBR250 R
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by dreamz View Post
    Does anyone know if this group still exists?
    Hi

That was my group and I closed it because it was quite difficult making plans when you had no idea who was going to show up and it was mostly me and my biking friends anyway so we still ride but I just create a WhatsApp group for each ride which I will be happy to include you on if you are interested. Just PM me your number. We are a wide variety of bikes from cruisers to a v-strom to superbikes to a little 150 and we all ride our own pace but regroup often so we don't lose anyone We are getting together before the Toy Run on Sunday morning at the N1 City McDonalds just before 9:30am and then will head to Grand West from there so you are welcome to come along if you want to meet some of the group first. Just look for a black CBR250R and a bright pink helmet
    "What's worth the prize is always worth the fight" Nickelback

Bike
    KTM RC390
    Region
    Western Cape

Bike
    KTM RC390
    Region
    Western Cape

Hi

That was my group and I closed it because it was quite difficult making plans when you had no idea who was going to show up and it was mostly me and my biking friends anyway so we still ride but I just create a WhatsApp group for each ride which I will be happy to include you on if you are interested. Just PM me your number. We are a wide variety of bikes from cruisers to a v-strom to superbikes to a little 150 and we all ride our own pace but regroup often so we don't lose anyone We are getting together before the Toy Run on Sunday morning at the N1 City McDonalds just before 9:30am and then will head to Grand West from there so you are welcome to come along if you want to meet some of the group first. Just look for a black CBR250R and a bright pink helmet

Thanks Colleen, Will PM you my number.

Dropped my bike off at KTM this morning, If I get it back on Sat, I will defo join