Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rebuild / Resurrection: Suzuki GN 125

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit GSF 1200S, Honda CBX250, Yamaha YBR125 & GN 125, '68 Honda CB450K1 under rebuild
    Region
    Eastern Cape

That's actually in the works. On the 30th we've got the annual Wizards on Wheels car show, and I'll be setting up a company stall with the training bikes etc. She'll be on show. I hadn't thought about the "before" pics though, so nice idea.
    Membership
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit GSF 1200S, Honda CBX250, Yamaha YBR125 & GN 125, '68 Honda CB450K1 under rebuild
    Region
    Eastern Cape

When your highly qualified & experienced bike mechanic friend spends all morning finding the wiring snag.... Turns out there wasn't a bad earth on the taillight, but a Chinese design / production present. After going through the lot he found that the front right indicator was the issue. A teeny tiny bit of wiring wasn't fully insulated and was contacting the earth when the bulb was in. A blob of epoxy to seal it should do the trick. Everything else is working fine.

The best news of the morning? She fired up and ran sweetly on the first press of the starter. But the test ride'll have to wait until the weekend. I need a couple more bullet connectors and the fuel tap to tank gasket is finished. New one should be here Friday.

But she runs, and runs well.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Big BMW & Small Yamaha
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

It will only be officially a test run if there are video and photos...
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or TB Marshals or any other sane human