Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162
Results 3,221 to 3,239 of 3239

Thread: Twister Owners

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Check online classifieds, should help give you an idea at what price to sell. I bought my 2005 in 2010 with 17000 kays on for 15k in good condition.. think carefully

Bike
    Yamaha FZ6S (Honi), KLR650 (Rover)
    Region
    Free State

Quote Originally Posted by Bradcurn View Post
    I have a 2008 Twister with just over 18 000 kilos on the clock and we don't use it anymore. So I approached a dealer and they have offered us R10k for the bike. Is that reasonable, or are we being ripped?

I'm ok taking a little less because we an avoid the hassle of selling it ourselves, but it feels like a low ball offer.

any thoughts?
    will you take 12k for it? would need to see it first though
    Riding a straight and smooth road does not make a skillful rider.

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

yeah they sell like hot cakes, these bikes, not sure about 20k but you'll get way more selling it privately

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda & Yamaha (project)
    Region
    Free State

R12k to R14k is what you are looking at. I bought my 2006 in 2012 with 24k km on the clock for R14k. The buyer is going to fork out at least another grand for registration anyways. Consider SandyN's offer seriously....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Ja, 14k is reasonable, surely a little more depending on the condition?

Lurker
    Bike
    Suzuki GSR600
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi there frontfeebs, thanks for the input, it is my bike my husband, Bradcurn,was mentioning above, here is the pic 20170919_091422[1].jpg20170919_091449[1b].jpg

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

It looks very clean,seriously.. I'll take back what I said earlier, you could certainly ask for more than 20k . 18 000 kays is like new for a twister, I see yours has all the original parts, mirrors, lights etc. and no rust.. Been looking online and i saw people asking up to 24 k for one with more than 30 000 kays on the clock... I'd say start at 25 k and see if you get any hits and then drop it a bit as time goes on but definitely don't go lower than 22k... New Honda 125s are in the 30k price range today, almost Twice as what you'd pay about 5 or 6 years back, as a reference... This is just my take on things, but your bike looks spotless.. Where's Ramiro? he buys and sells bikes

Lurker
    Bike
    Suzuki GSR600
    Region
    Gauteng

Cool, thanks for the suggestion! 😊

Biker
    Bike
    Twister, Wee-Strom
    Region
    Western Cape

Hi

I have a problem on my Twister. The indicator control does not pop back out after cancelling the signal. I took the left hand control apart the other day to investigate. I was hoping to see a spring that was not 'hooked in' or at least see where a spring would hook in, but could not figure anything out.

Is there anyone that by any chance has a photo of what that should look like with the spring in place.

TIA

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Never had that issue, so sorry I can't help...the workshop manual doesn't have a detailed diagram of the mechanism, so you may have to just figure it out somehow.. take it to a shop perhaps?

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda & Yamaha (project)
    Region
    Free State

Quote Originally Posted by frontfeebs View Post
    Never had that issue, so sorry I can't help...the workshop manual doesn't have a detailed diagram of the mechanism, so you may have to just figure it out somehow.. take it to a shop perhaps?
    Contact Cronos, he used to modify the Twister's indicators in such a manner that you had hazards as well.....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Hi Suzie gsr, did you sell your Twister?

Lurker
    Bike
    Suzuki GSR600
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi Suzie gsr, did you sell your Twister?
    Hey. Not yet. It is no rush though ☺

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Has anyone's Twister had an an issue with a leaking sump plug, This is my second one, the first one leaked ( second owner) and I found thread tape on the thread in an attempt to prevent it from leaking, it was also slightly stripped, wouldn't really tighten so I assumed the previous owner over tightened it, hence the leak. Now my second one, also second owner, just gave it a second oil change and the thing is leaking, first change was fine and I'm careful not to over tighten as I don't have a tork wrench.

This ones thread is fine, tightened it just a fraction more once I noticed it, cleaned the puddle of oil and now I just wait and see. I'm assuming the first owner on my first bike, had the same issue and therefore stripped the thread to try stop the leak. It was hit and miss with my first bike, sometimes Id get the thread tape just right and it would behave, It got to the point where I had to lie the bike on it's right side so I could clean the area around the plug with thinners and then apply gasket sealer, which worked like a charm, but oil changes were a pain in the but.... holding thumbs this one will be ok.

Bike
    Region
    Free State

Does the sump plug have copper or aluminium crush washer on it. If not you can get one from a spares shop (Midas) for about R5. Check your manual for the torque setting; can be anything from 20-40 nm. It is generally recommended that you replace the crush washer every time you change the oil, although I do not.

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She)
    Region
    Gauteng

On The sump plug washer i inspect with eyes, you’re looking at the sharpness of the flat edge corners, if the washer has been crushed too tightly it will start to flatten out and the corners will no longer be 90deg, that’s when you replace,
    in terms of leaks, when i do an oil change i make sure i clean the sump plug and washer with a rag and that they are dry to the touch once clean, then torque to the specified settings. dont go to hard, your tightening steal sump plug into aluminum sump!!!!!
    From The CBF-CBX 250 Manual:
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Thanks guys, the bike is pretty much new so the plug looks good. The nut and washer is one piece.... i'm super careful with these kinds of things as I'm aware of how soft aluminium threads are,when replacing the filter as well.. just had a look and no oil leak, so that that little fraction of a twist did it. I must definitely get a torque wrench, guessing is risky.

Bike
    Region
    Free State

A sump plug has a shoulder to it, you are definitely missing the washer. It snugs up against the shoulder.

If I Google cbx250 sump plug every image shows a washer.

https://goo.gl/images/jZJYh8
    Last edited by SandyN; 07-11-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: add image

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She)
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks guys, the bike is pretty much new so the plug looks good. The nut and washer is one piece.... i'm super careful with these kinds of things as I'm aware of how soft aluminium threads are,when replacing the filter as well.. just had a look and no oil leak, so that that little fraction of a twist did it. I must definitely get a torque wrench, guessing is risky.
    AS So, very important part of the Sump Plug, and see the 90 Degree edges on the washer

225OilPlugnCrushWasher.jpg
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride