Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3315

Thread: Twister Owners

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She)
    Region
    Gauteng

The Red and black has a really nice contrast, that Rim tape make the bike look really awesome, many happy safe 'S'miles
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

A black Puig windy screen will look awesome on that bike...I Read the buy a bike thread, agreed, get the best possible helmet and safety gear you can afford.

Bike
    Soon to be CBX 250 hopefully
    Region
    Western Cape

Hey, thanks guys. Yes the red stickers on the wheels looks good imo as well.
    The black Puig screen will look good and work well but for now I must first get the gear and license. I must remind myself. No mods no mods no mods for now

Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

Hey guys

So now I have my CBX and as per my main thread I'm checking what services the CBX will need next.

I am slightly concerned regarding my tyres. The former owner only replaced the rear tyre so that means the front tyre has 31k km on and is around 7 years old. Now the thread still looks ok but 7 years can make it dry and hardened. As for the rear he could not find any place in Western Cape that supplies Pirelli so he went to the closest MC garage and fitted the only tyre they had in size called Horng Fortune. I cannot find any reviews on these.

I found a website that stock Michelin and Pirelli in both the sizes. Should I keep the Horng Fortune and only get a new front tyre or rather dish out R2000 for a front and back? Both Michelin or Pirelli cost about the same at R2000. I'm no expert on bike tyres and more on car tyres so I took pictures. Alternatively any places in western cape that stock Pirellis or Michelin and between those two which should I go for? I trust with Pirelli since the CBX came with them.
    CBX tyres.jpg

REAR

FRONT

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She)
    Region
    Gauteng

Im running the pirelli sport demon on Pepper, Have never had any issue's, have great feel and are just a really nice tire, its a cbx so im not exactly going knee down, cause it doesn't have the speed or power to pick my fat ass back up corner exit, but ive gotten about 15k km's out of them and they still in really good nick, ye, i would advise changing tires if i was you, low sided Monica when the front slipped out mid corner At phakisa, when i changed the 5-6 year old tires they where sold as rock, sad really, but after a period tires need to get refreshed, just ask Paul Walker, ow no wait,
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda & Yamaha (project)
    Region
    Free State

What Hobbes said.... Rather replace the tyres now that having to repair the Twister after an off....

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

The tread on both tyres seem fine. I have a five year old Michelin pilot street on the front and fairly new one on the rear. the front still has tread with some slight cracks and I work the tyres hard in turns, no grip issues provided they're warm. The stock perelli mt75 rear was dead after 14 000 kms, found the Perellis a little unpredictable, Its up to you I guess. You're not hitting super bike speeds so a tyre won't explode or anything. If you feel more at ease with a new set of rubber on your ride and you can afford it, go for the Michelins, excellent mileage and performance.

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

I may seem biased towards Michelin as i have not tried the sport demons, they sure look good... Sure other riders will give advice, guess do as much research as possible.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by frontfeebs View Post
    The tread on both tyres seem fine.
    I tend to agree. You now have a new rear tyre. If it grips, keep it. It is also unlikely that the front needs replacement, even if old, since it was used and didn't just stand gathering dust. If it will make you feel better, replace it though. All named brands will do the job to one extend or another and most rider believe in their chosen make, but unless your name is Marc Marquez and your bike pushes 250 odd horses, the various available makes will make no to little difference.

Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

Thanks guys

I was mainly concerned about the age of the tyres but yeah the bike was used as a daily drive so it should be fine for now until I start driving more

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Can a decrepit old fart throw a bit of advice at you, even though you didn't ask?

Don't blow all your available bucks on perceived improvements to the bike now. Sit on it for a while, while you ride the bike and only once you know yourself and your bike and how you gel, then spend the bucks. I say this for three reasons.

1. I have seen guys spends thousands on a bike and it is wasted since due to a lack of experience with the bike they spend it in the wrong places.
    2. What is great for one, isn't necessarily for another. This means I can give you the best advice, from my perspective, completely wrong for you.
    3. At this moment in your riding life, proper riding kit, may be more important than a new tire.

Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

Thanks AMZ. .

I do agree not to do any mods or changes at least until I've got riding fully under my belt and gets used to the standard bike. I'm busy getting all the riding gear slowly. I just felt a bit unsure about the tyre's condition

I do have one thing I want to do and that is to wash the bike. I've learned with my cars previously washing them and polishing usually shows you any dents or imperfections. The previous owner did look well after the bike but I did notice behind panels and hidden spots there are some grime build up and road debris.

Will it be advisable to remove the main side panels and de-grease the bike thoroughly? I assume the owner didn't do it also because the manual says not to use water on the engine or electrical parts. Plus we have a water shortage here so cannot use a hose or running water. Just a bucket or two. Any tips? and what should I close to prevent any water from entering somewhere if I do rinse of the bike? Air intakes under the seat and exhaust is all I can think of.

Sorry for all the questions but I tend to ask when I do not know.

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Good advice.. Ja I just kind of sprinkle the top, like bars and switches. Try avoid water under the tank and around the carb. Clean that part when you remove the tank to check the spark plug.

I cover the ignition and exhaust with tape . Then spray q20 in and around the exhaust muffler after, take the seat off and dry around the intakes . Wash the engine and under, dab of grease on the chain slider, lube chain if required. I take mine for a ride to get all the water off and warm the chain. Then polish every second wash. Try not to rub the chrome, just a wipe.

You can't go wrong really, bikes are designed to operate in the wet. Keep her well polished at the coast, check youtube perhaps?

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

As you say when giving it a good once over you'll notice things to keep your bike tip top. Don't hesitate to ask questions, we all learn every time we ride. Be safe and have fun

Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by frontfeebs View Post
    Good advice.. Ja I just kind of sprinkle the top, like bars and switches. Try avoid water under the tank and around the carb. Clean that part when you remove the tank to check the spark plug.

I cover the ignition and exhaust with tape . Then spray q20 in and around the exhaust muffler after, take the seat off and dry around the intakes . Wash the engine and under, dab of grease on the chain slider, lube chain if required. I take mine for a ride to get all the water off and warm the chain. Then polish every second wash. Try not to rub the chrome, just a wipe.

You can't go wrong really, bikes are designed to operate in the wet. Keep her well polished at the coast, check youtube perhaps?
    Thanks frontfeebs. Yes I've checked some videos but they either use kilolitres of water and the full foam method where you also need tons of water to rinse of. I'll have a look how the weather looks this weekend